TM cannot exist without the TMO. Warts and all, it is the only organization
capable of teaching TM so that it remains TM, a simple mental technique, rather
than some watered down version that loses its effectiveness. Maharishi's great
gift to the world was a systematic way to allow the mind to transcend.

IMO the foundation of Maharishi's worldwide TMO is secure enough to endure
leadership foibles and growing pains just as it always has. It will always have
detractors, saints, dummies and TM teachers off the reservation who will teach,
who knows what. Regardless, the TMO is the only reliable glue that can hold the
teaching of TM together in perpetuity or at least for a very long time.

"I am the eternal," thinks the TMO kitsch and crowns are funny and since the TM
"works" as advertised, he is content to let sleeping dogs lie. So don't bother
telling him about other meditations.

I agree with Eternal. I give TMO goofiness a pass because "TM works as
advertised" However, TM critics, each from unique perspectives, routinely
argue, "TM does not work." Let's start with the usual suspects.

Curtis:
"TM doesn't work for me and besides, most people stop TM. Obviously, it doesn't
"work" for them either. So, you arrogant bunch of SOB's, don't presume you have
the keys to a kingdom that does not exist or mislead children into practicing a
religion, which will eventually disappoint them as I have been."

Barry, master of non-sequitur:
"TM doesn't work? Well, neither does Purusha for that matter."

Edg:
Apart from his disappointment with himself and the TMO, I really don't know
what Edg thinks about TM and whether or not it "works."

Vaj:
"Uhm..Buddhist meditation good, TM bad. TM not work." (Bonk!) "Take that, TM
vermin!" Vaj exclaims as he projectile vomits longwinded Google posts about the
minutia of superior Buddhist meditation. "Fie! TM'er scum will reincarnate as
dogs and cats!" says he.

The most interesting and personally encouraging thing I discovered in this
thread is that there are a few TMO critics who, although they think TM "works,"
their only real complaint is about the TMO's perceived flaws and not TM.
Somehow, they have managed to appreciate the value of TM despite everything
else being up for grabs in the TMO grumble machine. Here is the difficulty;
defining exactly what is a wrong with the TMO is debatable and IMO, ultimately
unimportant.

Guyfawkes:
"TM on its own is pretty good, I quite like itÂ…It's a poison that gets into the
group psyche, just like Bush and his minions getting off on torturing people."

Over the top hyperbole, much? Comparing TMO to Bush torturers? Really?

"The TMO has definitely got the poison and it will be the end of the TMO
because it is the antithesis of what they're supposed to achieve."

The TMO will always have a new crop of unattractive warts popping up here and
there who ever ends up running the show in the future. Every organization has a
political life whose leadership wrestles with its mission for better or worse.
We can complain endlessly about the TMO but I don't doubt that TM will prevail
on its own merits regardless of TMO buffoonery.

"The best thing that can be said about TM in this situation is that at least
the calming influence stops the more extreme elements going around getting
physically violent with people."

Well, thank God for that. Heaven knows, that had it not been for the calming
effect of TM, those extreme TMers (who happen to be underweight vegetarians)
just might have organized a pogrom against the non-TMers of Fairfield,
marshaled some righteous pitchforks and poked non-believers in the ass until
they agreed to learn TM.

"Which is what normally happens when people get the idea that they're so noble
that they should dominate the rest of humanity. It's just mental and verbal
violence."

Armies, dominate. TM'ers meditate. I just don't get it that anyone needs to
fear a few guys wearing crowns and robes. Think of it as playing "dress up."
Catholic priests wear some pretty cool robes and hats as well. Don't sweat the
small stuff. Enjoy the view.

"The people in the audience now have a proper answer to their question "what do
you mean by invincibility". At the time DL tried to fudge the answer to mean
peace and love, but now we know it's the same "invincibility" that Hitler
wanted, smash your enemies and make everyone fear you."

Again, this is over the top hyperbole. Maharishi never spoke of invincibility
in the sense that Hitler thought of it, and you know it.

Guyfawkes, you and I may agree or disagree about the shenanigans of the TMO but
despite it all, I am grateful that we can agree that TM "works." It gives me
hope that people will continue to learn and enjoy TM for many years to come.