TurquoiseB wrote:
> I am NOT a doomsday or apocalypse freak. I do
> NOT get off on imagining the worst as a way of
> feeling self-important.
>
> However, I am also the son of a man orphaned
> by the 1918 flu pandemic that killed an estimated
> 20 to 100 million people worldwide. Therefore my
> ears perk up every time the mention of such a
> pandemic appears on the News.
>
> So today, in the spirit of my old Boy Scout motto
> "Be Prepared," I went to the pharmacy to take
> advantage of the fact that in Spain one can buy
> antibiotics over the counter, without a prescription,
> to "stock up" on one of the two antibiotics that has
> been shown to kill off this latest flu virus. I try
> to never take antibiotics unless I absolutely have
> to, but I like being able to get the antibiotics
> *if* I have to. So what did I find?
>
> They're already scarce.
>
> Spain has so far only had 3 *suspected* cases of
> this swine flu, and the pharmacy I went to had to
> try four different suppliers before they found a
> box of them they could order for me.
>
> So, just in case you have similar "just in case"
> plans for yourself or your family, t'would be
> better to act upon them sooner than later IMO.
>
> 'Nuff said. The two antibiotics in question are:
>
> Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate)
> Relenza (zanamivir)
I can't remember the last time I got the flu.   Some years I don't even
get one cold.  This year I haven't had so much as a sore throat.   Most
of this due to my knowledge of Ayurveda as well as other alternative
techniques.  It's definitely good stuff to know though you have to dig
deep into it.

And of course I don't do flu shots either and when I worked in an office
people who got them seemed to wind up with the flu anyway.   A funny
thing though is this year I don't recall seeing many people sneezing and
wheezing in stores and shops.  Usually I see more than a few people who
shouldn't be out and about.  It might have been a mild cold season in
California.  I also think the MSM was blowing this thing a bit out of
proportion to take attention off the torture stuff.