> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >

> Stephen Fry was *compassionate* in his TV segment
> and in the segment about Fairfield in his book.
> If you had seen some of his comedy, in which he
> has thoroughly and mercilessly skewered those who
> deserve to be so skewered, you would know that
> he didn't *dislike* the Fairfielders he met in
> any way. He was being kind in going so easy
> on them.

He was indeed fair and compassionate. I got the America
book out of the library just so I could see if he'd added
anything to the TV segment but I'm hooked on it now, every
chapter is a treat. He's got a rare skill in getting to the
heart of where he is and you can tell he looks for the best
in everyone he meets.

I've always been a fan of his comedy but never read one of
his (many) books before. I shall be down the library in the
Fry section very soon. I do like discovering new pleasures.