 I know it is very weak "evidence", but when I see him on M Channel, I see a
man who feels out of place and unhappy.

Even though his "theories" are complete bunk he is actually quite a nice guy.
If he did feel uncomfortable about the book and his role in it then I'd say he
was one of the few people at the top who have a sense of shame and the capacity
to feel embarrassment, which is a very positive thing.

We'll have to see how things develop. My sense is that he would like to do more
than Bevan will allow him to do. For example he does want to drop the prices
for learning TM by half, but he can't because the rest of the rajas aren't on
board, and they take their orders from Bevan. That might be why he looks like
he feels out of place, he's just a figurehead for the real power.