--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "guyfawkes91" <guyfawke...@...> wrote:

> > Seems to me the account-freezing is a good sign; it means
> > *somebody*, or a bunch of somebodies, who have power in
> > the movement want things cleared up, and have probably
> > wanted them cleared up for a while. It's not surprising
> > these folks wouldn't want to make public any findings that
> > would reflect poorly on MMY's family, so we probably
> > shouldn't expect transparency.
> >
> > But if those somebodies have some integrity (yes, I know,
> > big If), with a little luck the way money is handled in
> > the movement may undergo some beneficial restructuring
> > (to stop the alleged bleeding, if nothing else).
>
> On the nail!
>
> Did you notice how the very last thing Maharishi did was to create the
> Brahmanada Saraswati fund, with non-Indians at the top? Did you ever wonder
> why he left it so late to set something like that up? The "somebodies" who
> knew what was going on finally forced Maharishi to wise up to what had been
> going on in India and to take steps to make sure that non-family members had
> ultimate control.

My guess is that MMY had little to do with setting that Fund up.  I think those
around him were just waiting for him to relinquish control (either MMY beame
senile or said "you take over").  They had plans that they had long wanted to
implement (including lowering the price of TM) as well as making the finances
more honest.   My sense is that those at the top (yes, Bevan, JH, and Bobby
Roth etc) all were devastated when MMY passed on, but also very ready with
plans to change things and "make it right" now that they did not have to run
everything by MMY and get outrageous answers to genuine concerns.