> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <no_reply@>

> > > It's a very precise phrase, and in my opinion
> > > an accurate one.
> > >
> > > I first encounter the young, still-thin Bevan
> > > Morris on my last TM course, a six-month stint
> > > of awesome boredom spent ostensibly learning
> > > how to fly (well, at the time that really *was*
> > > how it was advertised) in St. Moritz, Switzer-
> > > land. There was no real "course leader," but
> > > Bevan would show up from time to time to over-
> > > see things and "take reports" of "good exper-
> > > iences" to theoretically take back to Maharishi.
> > >
> > > I sat in a room with him one day and watched
> > > as he was talking with person after person
> > > who had such "good experiences" to report.
> > > And I noticed something fascinating, something
> > > that at the time I wasn't expecting. I noticed
> > > a prevailing emotion in Bevan as he listened,
> > > and in how he reacted.
> > >
> > > That emotion was JEALOUSY.
> > >
> > a lot of people get jealous. since you have utterly
> > failed to address my incredulity at this hyperbole,
> > i'll repeat it, with some clarification:
> >
> > "young Joe Stalin"? Stalin murdered 25 million Russians.
>
> Not exactly what most people would call a "petty
> tyrant." But that's how Barry thinks of Stalin, it
> seems. I'm sure he'll have an excellent explanation
> for why he does. Somewhere in it will be the
> assertion that *all* tyrants are petty, by definition.
> (In which case Barry's phrase "petty tyrant" would
> be redundant, but that's just, you know, hair-
> splitting.)

I don't mean to answer for Barry, but wanted to voice my opinion on this
matter...
There was a time, when this one Joseph Stalin was a baby...there were
tendencies there, samskaras...
So, all functions of peronality start out small...
It took time and cooperation from others for him to carry out what happened...
Same in Germany, in the 1930's...
People didn't think of the holocause in the 30's...
It hadn't happened yet...but the intention was there, and it grew.
Some people in Germany, couldn't believe what was happening, or what was going
to happen.
People couldn't imagine the evil that would take over that culture, at that
time...
The same thing just happened with the Bush administration.
Not at the level and intensity of the nazi regime, but nonetheless, the same
vibration of terror and torture.
There is a vibration that takes hold, when the enviornment becomes to polluted
with hatred and fear, that you have a sort of mass demonic possession, which
takes hold...
In his book on the subject, Malachai Martin talks of this, in his studying of
mass killings, such as happened in Viet Nam, Mai Lai Incident.
So-called normal American soldiers, completely lost it, and became like
animals, with no heart or soul...scarey, for real!
Anyway, sometimes, the more light someone holds, he or she becomes a target
from the dark ones...
This has been the case in the past, but hopefully this is changing, now...
You always get someone trying to capitalize on something pure, and thereby
corrupt it, but compartmentalizing something that is free, and thereby changes
it to something else.
The Catholic Church is different than Jesus.
Buddhism is different than Buddha.
The TMO is different than Maharishi...
Oh, well!
R.G.