--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> > >
> > > The other day Judy mentioned that I must be "really
> > > pissed" because of something Raunchy said.
> >
> > Actually I said you were really pissed because I'd
> > reposted your account of Obama's telling you he was
> > going to repair the holes Bush had blasted in the
> > Constitution.
> >
> > > It surprised me a bit that she would think I would
> > > get upset by something someone wrote here.
> >
> > So it must also have surprised you that Raunchy and
> > I objected to your suggestion that we criticize
> > Obama only because we're angry that Hillary lost,
> > and that we would never criticize Hillary if she
> > were in office and doing the same things Obama is
> > doing. I mean, why on earth should that have
> > bothered us? You never had any intention of
> > insulting us, right?
> >
> > <snip>
> > > I think  the Vedic literature is written the way it
> > > is, with so many expectation-shattering stories, to
> > > culture the perspective that one's own little peephole
> > > on the Universe does not afford a view of the whole,
> > > and that therefore one should not take oneself too
> > > seriously.
> >
> > Because if you don't take yourself too seriously, you
> > never need to take a stand on anything; you don't need
> > to take any risks or fight any battles. The injustice
> > and cruelty and suffering you see through your little
> > peephole just doesn't matter in the larger scale of
> > things; no need to exert yourself to remedy it.

You nailed it. I saw the weasel in Rick's post as well, and I gave him a pass
on it. I admit to making nice with him at the time. I'm glad you caught the
varmint. An excellent specimen, indeed. I agree with Rick's peephole into the
universe concept so far as the play of opposites is concerned but not as an
excuse for weakly weaseling, "Oh, it's just a game, so why should I care."  I
hope to I care with all my heart or I fear I would live with out a conscience
to right what is wrong or aspire to be a champion for those less fortunate.
Hillary is my champion. She has set the bar very high for women to follow. I
only hope the Left has not set the bar so low in the gutter that the next woman
cannot run a successful presidential campaign.