> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Or, if you get off more on another type of
> > > visualization, picture as you chant Judy sit-
> > > ting out there in the slum state (New Jersey),
> > > compulsively staring at her computer screen,
> > > reading each post to see who might be saying
> > > something evil about her, wanting desperately
> > > to reply but unable to. Like a fox caught in
> > > a trap, would she actually gnaw off her own
> > > fingers to keep from posting anyway?
> >
> > Hey, Barry, you can relax. I'm going away tomorrow
> > for a few days, be back toward the end of the week.
> > Won't have access to a computer, so you don't have
> > to worry about my gnawing my fingers off reading
> > your posts. You've got free rein to say anything
> > you like about me without fear of rebuttal until I
> > return.
> >
> > Enjoy!
>
> Show of hands. How many believe a word of this?
>
> Especially because it's the same claim she used
> to make back when she was compulsively "posting
> out" after two days week after week after week
> after week after...

Hee hee. Barry never did quite get it. I "posted
out" (what a silly expression) *because I knew
I was going away*. No point in hanging onto posts
if you're not going to be able to use them. Same
deal this time.

Barry embarrassed himself quite thoroughly twice,
once when he thought he'd caught me posting
on TMFree during the time I said I'd be away, but
it turned out he'd gotten the timestamping all
bolluxed up.

Then another time I'd said I'd be out of town and
would have limited access to a computer, Barry got
all excited when I made a post and suggested I'd
been lying about going away. He even tried pinging
me but couldn't do it properly and didn't get
anywhere.  Alex had to calm him down by verifying
that I was indeed posting from another state.

> Remember the Judy Stein rule: "Silence means
> that you agree."

"Silence can also indicate boredom with a topic
that has meaning only to those who are attached
to it, one way or another."--Barry Wright,
#129968

<giggle>

BTW--to no one's surprise, I'm sure--I never said
what Barry put in quotes, at least not in those
words, and certainly not in this context, where
it's entirely inappropriate.