--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> As the old saying goes "as GM goes so goes America."  So I guess we can
> say "bye, bye America" too.  And probably a good thing and we can get on
> with living in the 21st century instead of dreaming it's still the
> 19th.  I mean the age of working at one company for life has passed.
> Folks like to move around in their work these days.  And with my
> musician's background one always was changing a gig.  Job security?  No
> such luxury.  Time for the rest of the workforce to grow up.
>
> Now if the car dealers still want to sell cars we need them to stop
> behaving like con artists.   Don't you just hate buying a car?

No, I love it.

Here's the key to a fun -- and profitable -- experience:  before you go to the
dealer decide which car you want.  They go online and research it.  find out
how much it costs and what you want to pay for it (important: know either a
monthly amount you want to pay or a lump-sum INCLUDING TAX AND ALL EXTRAS).

Then go in and be SUPER NICE. DO NOT HAVE A CONFRONTATIONAL ATTITUDE.  Let them
say what they want to say; in other words, let them give you a price (don't
answer them if they ask you what YOU want to pay).  And then tell them what
you're willing to pay.

They'll counter with something less than what they first said (usually by the
ruse of calling over the manager).  Don't go up from your price.  Let this go
on for a while and then give them your card and tell them if they're interested
in getting your business you'll be happy to buy a car from them but in the
meantime you'll be shopping around and leave.  YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO LEAVE
AND NOT BUY.  And don't waver from your price no matter how reasonable they
counter offer sounds in the heat of the moment.