On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:40 PM, TurquoiseB <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> From my side, to be honest, I've been trying
> to provoke a little interest lately, in lieu
> of bailing from FFL altogether.
>

> So, if you'd like, consider my "high numbers"
> a "last gasp," an attempt to see if there is
> any life left in the Olde FFL, from my obviously
> jaded perspective. If so, I'll stick around. If
> not, I'll bail.

Don't you realize that people have left because they have had enough of our
resident Lord of the Flies?  The one who lords over all, thinks "pushing
buttons" is a noble thing instead of an ill mannered, nasty thing to do and
is in violation of the guidelines and rules of FFL?

Try reading the guidelines and rules.  Its as though they were written just
for you.  Why Rick hasn't thrown you out in light of his guidelines and
rules is beyond me and I'm sure many other FFL people.  Thankfully for you
Rick is the owner/moderator in name only.

People would stop lurking and become contributors to FFL if you left.  But
they will lurk until assured they won't be playing into your game of
superiority and bullying, trying to compensate for the obvious, that you
have no other place to go.  Many go away for a few months, come back to
check if you're still here then go away again, hoping to wait you out.

I would appeal to your sense of shame in urging your to leave FFL, but shame
is something your type of person lacks.