--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wg...@...> wrote:

> Nirvana is Cosmic Consciousness or Self-Realization, ParaNirvana is
> realization of Brahman or Unity and the MahaParaNirvana is the great point of
> NO return where the Sadhaka (practitioner) drops the mortal coil and merges
> into the omnipresence, (unless he takes the Bodhisattva vow, another
> subject), correct me if I am wrong, but this is my understanding to date.
> Thanks :-)

********

Nir means without, vana means craving; nirvana is a state where all desires
have been fulfilled (by living unlimited bliss consciousness without any
limitation by the mind), so there is no craving which would necessitate another
birth. Whether anybody continues to have a body after this point doesn't
matter, as there is no going back to mental limitation.