Holy Cow! When I posted this 3 days ago, I had no idea that lurking in the
Graham-Lieberman amendment, supported by Obama, was an attempt to gut FOIA, the
Freedom of Information Act. Democratic Rep. Louise Slaughter, Chairwoman of the
powerful House Rules Committee, vehemently opposed the amendment in an
interview with Glenn Greenwald yesterday. Next to Social Security and Medicare,
FOIA signed into law by LBJ in 1962 represents one of the most important pieces
of legislation Democrats have ever passed. Without FOIA, Obama's promise of
transparency in government? Not so much.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/06/10/foia/index.html