On Jun 17, 2009, at 10:04 AM, do.rflex wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

The TM and TMO critical site, TM-Free Blog is being blocked to
Maharishi University of Management students as is access to some
other forms of spirituality and traditional teachings. I received
this response from an MUM student on my question of what was being
blocked/filtered:

"We aren't even sure who or what sets it up. But basically you are
blocked from p2p. Porn is of course blocked. Those two should really
be it.... but this website [TM Free Blog] is blocked even, as well as
all kinds of stuff that shouldn't be. We'll run into the occasional
block on other religious or traditional teachings. Many, many youtube
videos are blocked."

-Anonymous Maharishi University of Management student

That's what they do in places like communist China. It also sounds kinda like Christian fundamentalist authoritarianism and its attendant censorship mania. What's next? ...electronic surveillance, inquisitions and book burnings?

I'm certain the library there has always been a censored library, so in effect, they've been burning books for years. One wonders what type of book material would get you kicked off of "Invincible" America? They expelled Robin Carlsen's students years ago for merely attending his seminars, and many were near graduation. They now use an ID card swipe to monitor your meditation attendance, so the students are already being monitored electronically.