--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, sgrayatlarge <no_re...@...> wrote:

> I'm sure they can't wait to come to the Vedic City and be isolated from
> humanity, that's what I call good times

*****

Of course, for a householder, monkish life sounds awful, but for those so
inclined to go even further with isolation from society than the pundits do,
"Solitude is the only blessedness."

"Among the sages of India, the concept of self-sufficiency has a special
meaning. First, it means one who is filled with love of the Divine and beyond
personal human relationships. Second, it means one who is beyond personal
attachments and cannot be swayed from right action. And third, it means one who
lives without any earthly means of support.

http://www.srigurudev.net/gurudev/biography.html