Okay, here's a question:

What if Chopra had been Guru Dev's right hand dhoti instead of Maharishi?

Cosmic question for me, cuz, geeze, he wouldn't have been so stupid as
Maharishi to make levitation promises etc.  He would have published his
interpretation of the Gita -- all the chapters, not just up to the point where
worshiping Krishna became so obviously a Hindu religious thingy -- he would
have been far far more eloquent than Maharishi, far more verbally devotional,
far more likely to tell Guru Dev stories (he rats out Michael Jackson, so why
wouldn't he tell all his "I was with Guru Dev when he" stories?)  He would have
been so much more marketable in his doctor mode with business suit too.  Geeze,
now I'm wishing this idea were true just to be in the bliss of the ignorance of
being his disciple -- ugh, sigh....

So let's count our blessings that Chopra didn't get born a couple decades
earlier, otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'd still be meditating with a mantra that
couldn't change my silly ways and caught up with the syrupy words and
huggywuggyness.

We have been abused by a guru who wouldn't even talk to us for the last 40
years; we all know what an onrush of love we'd have felt if Maharishi had
suddenly said, "Yes, let's have questions?"  Well, Chopra would take the
questions and sell us on the answers with his smooth-criminal energy.

Gotta thank Chopra for leaving the movement -- otherwise, it'd be all of us
doing puja to Mahakingy Deepyji -- the natural successor to Maharishi -- not a
geek scientist with a tinfoil crown.

Edg