--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> Probably the opposite of what you're thinking. In the US almost 10
> times the number of Americans that died in the last Gulf War die from
> handguns EVERY YEAR (approx. 30,000 people). We're a good example of a
> country with handgun laws which are too lax...
>
> On Jul 4, 2009, at 12:58 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> > I wonder if there is a correlation between gun control in the
> > countries below and the amount of violent crime they have; that is,
> > the stronger the gun control, the more violence...

   This brings to mind the two sides to quoting statistics.
   Were those killed, criminals shot by law officers in line of duty or people
breaking into someones home where the homeowner refused to be a victim.
    This country is almost the last to have an armed citizenry and, the powers
that be are working hard to disarm us.
    There are many who still believe in the first and second amendments so I
expect things will get eventful in the near future.