He sold consciousness.??

    or He 'sold out' consciousness.??

--- On Tue, 7/7/09, BillyG. <wg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Guru Purnimah Day
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 1:18 PM

MMY himself NEVER claimed to be a Guru!! What's wrong with that? What, you
think he needs a promotion, why not just be grateful for what you have gotten
from him, the TM technique!?

> Maharishi was certainly only your Guru if you had a personal invitation from
> Him. He invited but a few souls to become His Disciples.

MMY never invited me to become his Disciple, MMY had NO disciples I know of,
other than those who've proclaimed it for themselves perhaps.
MMY was not a Swami, he was a Maharishi, great teacher, not Guru.

> Regarding becoming a Disciple of Guru Dev, a few lucky individuals have
> become His Disciples, even long after His passing. Amongst them also a few
> americans. Their Sattwa in life created this fortunate situation.

Don't know about that...could be. Why can't we just accept MMY for who and what
he was and what he gave us, he never even claimed he was enlightened. Hey, TM
works....isn' t that good enough, do we have to elevate him to God. The only
people who do that, do that because it makes *THEM* feel good, as if they have
been blessed by God, personally, it's nothing but ego.

MMY didn't even teach the full Yoga! TM is a good start for a Loooong Journey.
I doubt if anybody has even achieved CC practicing TM, even MMY didn't practice
TM most likely, but that is another enigma MMY left us!