--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wg...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
>
> > You seem to be very clear in your communications Billy, but how much do you
> > really know ?
>
> MMY himself NEVER claimed to be a Guru!! What's wrong with that?  What, you
> think he needs a promotion, why not just be grateful for what you have gotten
> from him, the TM technique!?

Good point, but to many people, by His invitation, He was more than just a
Teacher.

> > Maharishi was certainly only your Guru if you had a personal invitation
> > from Him. He invited but a few souls to become His Disciples.
>
> MMY never invited me to become his Disciple, MMY had NO disciples I know of,
> other than those who've proclaimed it for themselves perhaps.
> MMY was not a Swami, he was a Maharishi, great teacher, not Guru.

OK, I value your point which is certainly valid.
Simply because you do not know any of Maharishi's disciples does not mean they
do not exscist.

> > Regarding becoming a Disciple of Guru Dev, a few lucky individuals have
> > become His Disciples, even long after His passing. Amongst them also a few
> > americans. Their Sattwa in life created this fortunate situation.
>
> Don't know about that...could be.  Why can't we just accept MMY for who and
> what he was and what he gave us, he never even claimed he was enlightened

Correct. I as see it there is no movement towards elevating Maharishi to
Godhead. That would certainly go against His own words about Himself.

 Hey, TM works....isn't that good enough, do we have to elevate him to God.

For me this is a very beautiful point. Maharishi certainly did not want to
"play God" - and TM simply works.

TM is "good enough", as you say.

Jai Guru Dev