--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "authfriend" <jst...@...>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , off_world_beings <no_reply@>
wrote:
> <snip>
> > I wonder what this is on the surface of Mars?
> >
> > http://palermoproject.com/Martian_Cavern.html
<http://palermoproject.com/Martian_Cavern.html>
> > <http://palermoproject.com/Martian_Cavern.html
<http://palermoproject.com/Martian_Cavern.html> >

> Weird. He's got a lot of interesting photos on that
> site, among other things ones featuring areas of deep
> flat-black coloration that look as if they'd been
> painted on; there's no hint of any kind of texture.
>
> He says this round thing is either a deep hole whose
> walls slant away from the center, or a crater filled
> with some absolutely flat nonreflective black
> substance.>>

They are very wierd. It looks like a liquid because of the way it wraps
around rocks (all photos are legit NASA photos),

but maybe it is a wierd dust, and the discoloration got exaggerated in
the photo. However, you start looking at the "seeping" photos, and at
the two together, it is very wierd

  [Candidate Cavern Entrance Northeast of Arsia Mons]
<http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/RDR/PSP/ORB_003600_003699/\
PSP_003647_1745/PSP_003647_1745_RED.thumb.jpg>