--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2009, at 1:57 AM, raunchydog wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, WillyTex <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > "Sexism, a term coined in the mid-20th century,
> > > refers to the belief or attitude that one gender
> > > or sex is inferior to, less competent, or less
> > > valuable than the other..."
> > >
> > > Sexism:
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism
> > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism>
> > >

> > Sexism Willy Tex? Ya think? The guys dissing Hillary in this thread
> > are the usual suspects, of course. Does it occur to any of them
> > that Hillary's statement is correct and North Korean is wrong?
> >
> > Here's what sparked North Korea's rather churlishly personal attack:
> >
> > Hillary: "What we've seen is this constant demand for attention,and
> > maybe it's the mother in me or the experience that I've had with
> > small children and unruly teenagers and people who are demanding
> > attention — don't give it to them, they don't deserve it, they are
> > acting out."
> >
> > In fact Hillary is right on. There is a "look at me, look at me"
> > quality to all things North Korea. They launched a test missile on
> > July 4th! Geez! And they are making nukes! Geez! You want to side
> > with these guys? Geez!
>

> And it's old news for this weird regime. They've been playing the
> 'look at me!, look at me!' game for years. Hillary nailed it and did
> so very appropriately, like a mature human being observing leaders
> who act like children. The Koreans response was hilarious, but not
> surprising given their usual immature game-playing.
>
> It sounds to me like Hill also did a fantastic job in India and is
> proving herself to be a first rate statesman. It seems as if 'the
> world likes our Hillary'. I personally think we should all be very
> proud of the work she's doing, she's certainly part of the improving
> image of the US in the world. Obama couldn't have chosen a better
> person.

Wow! What a surprise. Thanks, Vaj for giving credit where credit is due. I
agree. Hillary is doing a great job as SOS. However, why do you think the North
Korean's response was "hilarious?" It wasn't just immature, it pulled out all
the trite sexist slurs usually reserved for women.  If they had insulted Obama
using racial slurs, would you think it hilarious?