--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Not to mention that in the US 48% of the yearly Federal
> > budget goes to paying for America's current wars, pre-
> > paring for the next ones, or paying off the debts from
> > the last ones.  This is true of no other country on the
> > planet.  The other countries actually have some of their
> > tax revenue to use on services for their citizens.
>
> A broader and perhaps more relevant view is defense spending as
> a % of the total economy.

Only if what you want to do is pretend that America
is not based on war and in service of the military-
industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about.  You
are free to believe what you want, but I prefer the
following more realistic (IMO) chart:

http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm

But, as Winston Churchill said, "There are three kinds
of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."  Believe
the lie you prefer.