http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

I already have my eyepatch, so I plan to wear it
and watch a few pirated videos in celebration. I
may even rent a parrot and walk around town with
it perched on my shoulder, but only if it has been
trained to say stuff like, "Avast ye hearties!"
and "Arr!" (From the URL above: "This one is often
confused with 'Arrrgh,' which is of course the sound
you make when you sit on a belaying pin. 'Arrr!' can
mean, variously, 'Yes,' 'I agree,' 'I'm happy,' 'I'm
enjoying this beer,' 'My team is going to win it all,'
'I saw that television show, it sucked!' and 'That
was a clever remark you or I just made.' And those
are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr!")

As for the eyepatch, here's a bit of trivia from
Wikipedia that shows that there is a logical and
physiological reason for wearing them, other than
having had one of your eyes gouged out by Captain
Jack Sparrow:

"Sailors (stereotyped by the eye-patch-wearing pirate)
who often went above and below deck, used eye patches
to have one eye adjusted for the top deck and the other
eye already adjusted for the darkness when suddenly
going below deck. The strong sunlight while above deck
on an oceangoing vessel could require minutes of
adjustment to the dim lighting below deck. With
virtually no light sources below deck, sailors would
have to rely heavily upon their eyes to adjust. In the
critical moments of modifying the rigging, navigating,
and especially during battle, those minutes were too
precious. A simple switch of the patch from one eye to
the other saved time and was more convenient than being
temporarily blinded when going between decks."

Arrr. And possibly Arrrgh, depending on what you're
sitting on.  :-)