Sounds like a great recipe.  But it reminded me of something I've come to love.

Over the past 6 months I've started to do something I stayed away from for the
last 20 years: going to Chinese buffets.  Indeed, as a rule, I stayed away from
any buffets because of the potential "pigs at the trough" karma/health problems
associated with such eating.

But recent money problems have forced me to change my "rules" and, happily,
I've found a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet that not only includes sushi but
has a sushi chef that makes rolls that I would say are at least 80% as good as
the ones the sushi chef makes for you when at a fancy sushi bar and you're
paying top dollar a-la-carte.

This place charges $8.00 at lunch and $12.00 at supper time.

Anyway, the reason your post reminded me of this is that in addition to the
sushi, the buffet of course offers all manner of Chinese fare: chow mein, egg
rolls, etc.  One of those dishes is cocoanut shrimp which is served at the
trough with all the other main stays. For some reason, I have fallen in love
with the cocoanut shrimp to the extent that I am actually going for the
cocoanut shrimp firstly and the sushi secondly.  It's one of those typical
"breaded shrimp" dishes that every chinese restaurant in the U.S. has but for
some reason it is manna from heaven for me!

A year ago you wouldn't have caught me dead being within 50 feet of such a
place.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>