bill hicks wrote:
> IIRC, about a year ago there were announcements
> on FFL for the formation of a group of survivalists
> who intended to weather a storm with the economy
> collapsed, surviving by hunting, gathering, growing
> and just making do, bartering because money would be
> worthless.  Just wondering how this group is faring
> since where I live none of this has become necessary.

Maybe you don't live close to Yellowstone, or in a
climate where you could freeze to death in the winter,
but anything could happen to put you in survival mode.
I'm very interested in things like this.

I read that the average person would last only a few
days without any survival supplies. Beyond that, they'd
be forced to do battle with their neighbors over food
alone.

In the average household, there's maybe enough food to
feed a family for a few days, at most. After that, it's
into panic mode.

No water; no food; no transportation; no heating fuel;
no matches or even BIC lighters; no candles. It would
be a pretty tough existence, fer sure, until you got a
garden started! Got seeds?

So, I've got a garage full of canned goods; a lake full
of water; and I live in a warm climate. I also have lots
of bullets for defense in case the neighbors try to
barge in and make off with my stash.

Unless I receive some really big firepower, I figure I
could last a year or two until the garden really started
to pay off. Down here, I've got three planting seasons
every year.

Most people think it couldn't happen to them, but it's
amazing how much damage the weather can do, not to
mention a surprise volcano eruption or an asteroid hit,
or a really big riot. Of course, if push comes to
shove, I could always count on the government. LOL!

Be prepared is the Scout's motto.