--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, eustace10679 <no_re...@...> wrote:

[snip]

> But, as Gailey has said herself, Polanksi has been punished. He lost what
> was, at the time, a glittering career in Hollywood. He has been publicly
> humiliated. His name is associated by many people as much with that sex
> offence as with all his cinematic achievements, from Rosemary's Baby and
> Chinatown to Tess and The Pianist.

[snip]

How strange.

Within the context of one paragraph the author tells us that Polanski lost "a
glittering career in Hollywood" and then goes on to cite four of his cinematic
achievements, 3 of the 4 which weren't even MADE in Hollywood which begs the
question: why is it so great to have a career IN Hollywood?

Rosemary's Baby -- filmed on location in New York City at the Dakota on Central
Park (and filmed before the rape)

Chinatown -- the only film that can be called a "Hollywood" film only because
the location of the film is Los Angeles (and a lot of the film takes place
outside the Los Angeles area and filmed on location in those spots).

Tess -- filmed in England and parts of Europe

Pianist -- Europe.

I think that the absense of a "glittering" Hollywood career has served Polanski
well (and by the way I love his movies).