--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> Judy et al, I know it's tempting to say he's always been
> this bad, but seriously, don't you think he's deteriorating?

Oh, my goodness, unquestionably. I've said so a number
of times now.

He used to be able to hold a conversation--there are
lots of examples back on alt.m.t, and even some early
on in his tenure here. His disagreements were never
agreeable, but there was much, much less in the way
of protracted, vicious personal attacks.

His logic was always flawed, and--let's be charitable--
his memory for facts poor, but the quotient of
barefaced lies was far lower.

What's so worrying now is the number of huge bloopers
he makes, such as--just for one of dozens of examples--
mistaking a right-wing man's blog for one by a liberal
feminist woman. And I can't recall any outright
misogyny until quite recently.

The deterioration started slowly, after he moved to
Paris. Each time he's found himself unsatisfied
where he was and has moved somewhere else, the angle
of descent has become steeper. He's become angrier,
unhappier, less able to reason logically, more sunk
in fantasy, more prone to blatant lying, and, as
noted, much more likely to get things just plain wrong.
He also has *much* more frequent meltdowns where he
totally loses control.

It's sad to watch. Whatever there was that was
positive about his personality has just about
completely disappeared.