> I suppose we shouldn't figure on this as the new Common
> Wisdom until the study's been replicated...

The idea that fruits and veggies may not be as healthy as believed has been my
obsession for a few days, and I've found some discussions that flesh out the
issue a bit more:

http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2009/08/phytochemical-fallacies.html
http://is.gd/3Zg9m

http://mangans.blogspot.com/2009/07/antioxidants-prevent-health-promoting.html
http://is.gd/3Zgc6

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2007/12/fruit-and-vegetables-re-post.html
http://is.gd/3ZgdQ

FWIW, after a few days of eating less fruit and fewer carrots, and a bit more
protein and fat, my weight is the lowest it's been in a couple months. I'd been
around 178 for about a year, binged for a couple weeks this summer on ice
cream, went up to 183, ditched the ice cream, and stalled out at 180. This
morning I was 178.2. If I keep this up, maybe I'll get those six-pack abs after
all.