Amusing that neither Barry or Vaj is reading the posts
defending Hagelin, so they have no idea that they're
both making utter fools of themselves.

And interesting that both Barry and Vaj are so threatened
by Hagelin that they can't give him credit for work
that even *mainstream physicists* found significant.

They both have to pretend--again, without reading the
posts in question--that those who are defending him on
this score are defending his extension of that work to
MMY's notions about the Unified Field's alleged identity
with consciousness.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2009, at 2:45 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > Since, as stated earlier, I have zero interest in
> > all this physics stuff, it's been interesting to
> > watch the TM TBs defend Hagelin as if he were
> > some combination of Einstein and Newton with a
> > dash of Shankara thrown in for good measure.

To Barry, Hagelin having come up with one good
physics theory would put him on a level with Einstein,
Newton, and Shankara. No wonder he's threatened.

> > Sometimes I get the feeling that if the same TMers
> > had invested all their money with Bernie Madoff,
> > they would be defending him to this day, saying
> > that he had never done anything wrong and was the
> > victim of a malevolent smear campaign. Better to
> > be poor than to admit that you've been conned.

Except, of course, that none of us has said he never
did anything wrong. That's the mess you get yourself
into when you try to intuit the content of posts of
which you've read only the first couple of lines in
Message View.

In any case, even if he *had* read the posts, it would
be much too complicated for Barry to understand that a
person can both have done something "wrong" (funny,
Barry doesn't usually accept the idea that behavior can
be "wrong") *and* be the victim of a malevolent smear
campaign to discredit something else he did that was
"right." Hagelin can only be all wrong; he can't
*ever* have done anything right.

The smear campaign in question on FFL is being conducted
by yifuxero (out of gross ignorance) and Vaj (out of
knowing malice). And poor Vaj has no idea that his
smear campaign has been definitively refuted, with
documentation, because he doesn't read my posts. So
he just keeps on pushing what those who do read my
posts know are lies.

> For me it's like watching some scientifically unsavvy
> folks find out their is no Quantum Claus:
>
> "No Virginia, there isn't really a Quantum Claus that
> brings you superradiance and their is no unified field
> in the sky..."
>
> <tears and thrashing>

Except that none of this applies to those on FFL.