> Hugo, I'll speak to you next week, after you've had
> a chance to look at the articles Vaj uploaded; I've
> only got this and one more post this week. I've
> enjoyed the conversation. And thanks for the reading
> recommendations.

Sez Barry, "not interacting" with me:

> "I love the smell of obsessional posting burnout in
> the morning."

He's jealous because I had interesting discussions
last week that didn't involve him. He only *wishes*
people would interact with him as they do with me.

> Nicely done, Shemp. Terrific insight. Quite beyond the
> literalists among us, though, I fear, who prefer to
> understand the story to be portraying God as an
> "egotistical sadist."

Sez Barry, "not interacting" with me:

> One of the reasons I love language is that it can
> be used to detect religious intolerance.
<snip>
> If the first person tries to deny the second the
> right to describe the practice the way he sees it

Did you hallucinate that someone was trying to deny
you your right to describe practices (or Bible
stories) the way you see them?

> or calls them names for doing it, THAT is intolerance.

You mean, names like "literalist"?

LOL!