--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2009, at 3:44 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > Jack Chick has to *change* the stories in the Bible
> > in order to sell them and get people to believe in
> > them.
>
> I liked Chick's description of Jesus-as-creator.
> Apparently, through the use of Quantum Wormhole
> Technology, post-ascension Jesus was able to
> travel back through time, to just before the Big
> Bang and utter "Yehi Aour!", Let there be light!,
> and then resume Savioric duties in the ever-
> present now. There are some people who are just
> meant to be covered in comic books.

Um, sorry, not to defend Jack Chick, but that's a
bad rap. Jesus-as-creator is actually *in* the
Bible, in the first verses of the Gospel of John:

"In the beginning was the Word [logos], and the
Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was
in the beginning with God. All things were made
through Him, and without Him nothing was made that
was made....And the Word became flesh and dwelt
among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of
the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and
truth" (John 1:1-3, 14, KJV).

Some of the best-known verses in the Christian
Scriptures. I'm surprised Vaj isn't aware of
them.