On Nov 2, 2009, at 10:42 AM, ShempMcGurk wrote:

[snip]

> If John had been born a sudra, he could get 20
> Ph.D.s and never be allowed to work in an intel-
> lectual capacity in India or even in an Indian-
> owned company in America. I've seen it happen in
> programming. I worked on a large programming
> project for Pepsico, one that was staffed largely
> by an Indian company. The first step of the resume
> review process was to put all resumes with last
> names that were not Brahmins straight in the
> trash bin. I sat in a room and listened to a few
> of these "more evolved" Brahmins brag about how
> they had beat the shit out of an Indian guy of
> another caste who had dared to ask a Brahmin woman
> on a date. This was in New York, not Delhi.

[snip]

Didn't happen, Barry.

Made up out of whole cloth from the inner depths of your imagination.

And, indeed, if it WERE true, shame on you for not calling the police and reporting these guys (you could have at least done it on leaving your position there and done it anonymously).

For a couple of bucks, you can download and own the Bollywood classic "Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar" about the untouchable who came to be a drafter of the Indian constitution, a bodhisattva and scholar. It's also a poignant reminder of our own caste system here in North America. In one of the films most shocking scenes, Ambedkar, who is visiting America, witnesses a black man being beaten by whites, as if he were an animal. While Brahmins are very proud to tout their birth status, other lower caste Hindus I've met in this country are offended that anyone in America would even mention "caste". They're greatly offended if someone asks them their caste. And many non- Brahmins will refuse to tell you.

Vedic supremacists are developmentally no different than their fundamentalist southern/Bible belt Republican counterparts. Same level of consciousness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Igk1oTrpQg