TurquoiseB wrote:
> Relevant to FFL or FFLers only if you believe it is...
>
> [http://bloodandmud.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/09/aussie_w\
> hine_07_2.jpg]
> http://bloodandmud.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/09/aussie_wh\
> ine_07_2.jpg
> <http://bloodandmud.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/09/aussie_w\
> hine_07_2.jpg>

And then there's the world famous "Hiney Wine" "the only wine that comes
in a can."  It was an old radio show joke 25 years ago but the one
locals (I grew up near Walla Walla) has made it real:
http://www.wallawallahiney.com

BTW, for the wine aficionados here the grapes grown in the area are
considered superior to Bordeaux grapes because of a longer growing
season.  In fact when  leaving my TTC we drove through the Bordeaux
country and I was amazed how much it looked like the western Oregon
(Walla Walla though is in eastern Washington).  The award winning
Woodward Canyon Cabernet is fantastic and expensive (I went to school
with Rick Small who founded the winery).  And for a great Merlot get the
Waterbrook Merlot if you can find it and it is expensive too.  I walked
into a local gourmet wine shop a few years back and asked if they had it
and they all stood at attention with the "this guy knows his wines"
look. :-D

http://www.woodwardcanyon.com
http://www.waterbrook.com/

Of course if you're really a wine aficionado you already know all this.
;-)