IMO, and as a topic for discussion -- not argument --
only someone who has a shitload of self (small S)
going for them.

If we were to believe holy men's (including Maharishi's
if you want) descriptions of Self as opposed to self,
realization of such a state is way Cool. I mean, you get
to look around yourSelf and see that the entire universe
that you can either perceve or imagine is your Self, not
some puny semblance of Self imagined by the puny self.

What's not to like about that? Literally everything you
perceive in the world around you and the stuff you imagine
is Self. You. If You thought it up, how unCool could it be, eh?

And yet.

And yet spiritual seekers throughout the centuries have
managed to find fault with the stuff that other seekers --
usually from other traditions -- have found Cool about
the universe they perceived around them when they
didn't.

What's up with that, eh?