I don't have, and don't intend to buy, a copy of
Office 2000. What I have is Works Suite 2000, and
as far as I'm aware, you can install Word 2000 only
by installing the entire Works suite using multiple
discs. At any rate, it doesn't give you the option
to install Word by itself; there may be a way to do
it, but I have no idea how, and Works sure doesn't
tell you.

Once the installation is complete, you can run Word
solo (bypassing the impossible Works interface) by
locating and running Winword.exe (which you have to
figure out by yourself; Works doesn't include any
instructions to that effect).

When I first bought Works Suite 2000 many years ago,
it was the cheapest way to get Word 2000. It was the
first version of the Works Suite to include Word.
Previous versions had only the Works word processor,
which is extremely clunky, problematic to use with
Word files, and lacks a lot of the Word features I
needed.