Believe what you want?

> Or is it merely Just Another Subjective
> Experience? Could the experience of enlightenment --
> and one's view of what constitutes reality and Truth
> from the *standpoint* of enlightenment -- be Just
> Another Subjective Experience?
>
> Much of spiritual practice and religion is predicated
> on a "No" answer to those last two questions above. They
> envision the world as a series of hierarchical truths,
> the highest of which is enlightenment. Anything per-
> ceived from that level *must*, in their view, be
> equivalent to Truth.
>
> I don't believe this. I think that the view from
> enlightenment is Just Another Subjective Experience.
> And I'll continue thinking this even if someone
> enlightened claims to know for sure that there is
> such a thing as "being Barry."  :-)  :-)  :-)

Believe what you want, to be true?
And that might well be dangerous
according to just the science. Aside from actual spiritual experience.
Turq, on the one hand I do worry for you that you seem acting like an obstinate
child contending this ignorant & un-spiritual position, though I also suspect
you are way more knowing, even enlightened by experience, than you let on
publicly defending such a position as this guy's denial, as public service.
His is the important teaching to discern in a life.  & a shame to miss the
lesson.

On this larger skepticism of this guy, there is a beautiful song written about
this yearning kind of spiritual struggle.

"Lord, I cannot let Thee go,
Till a blessing Thou bestow;
Do not turn away Thy face,
Mine's an urgent, pressing case.