--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost...@...> wrote:

> Just to nitpick:
>
> I do not think "Wikipedians are scientifically
> illiterate". But I do think THIS article started
> with a howler.

Just to nitpick further :-), since I brought up the
subject in another thread, what do you think could
inspire someone to *post* such a howler?

Could it possibly be a commitment to the idea that
"India is the home of all knowledge," and the place
were pretty much everything that is of value, spir-
itually or otherwise, originated?

That "intro" to this subject could easily have been
written by a modern-day "Hindu Supremecist." It could
as easily have been written by your garden-variety
TM True Believer.

> I say "there is no such thing as a history of India
> traceable to 500,000 years ago". I think I can rest
> easy that the academic consensus is with me on this,
> and not with that Wikipedian article.

And who, after all, would want to believe that there
was such a "history" of India?

Duh. Someone who has been convinced of the "India is
the home of all knowledge" meme. Who else would care?