--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sarah Palin made a surprise appearance on Conan O'Brien's show 12/11/09.
> > >
> > > http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/shatner-gets-served-by-palin-121109/1184491/
> >

> > Nuts, I was gonna post this!
> >
> > Good reading from Palin. And Shatner is *such* a trooper.
> > Bless his heart, he looked like a midget next to Conan,
> > but it didn't seem to faze him at all. Nor did he try to
> > upstage Palin by doing huge takes, just one very restrained
> > take before she started to read.
> >

> Beat you to it. I was glad to see that audience gave Sarah a hearty round of
> applause with cheers. They were genuinely surprised and delighted by her
> appearance. I think she matched Shatner in her delivery. Very enjoyable. Even
> if you don't agree with her politics, you have to admit she has plenty of
> charisma and is easy on the eye.

I am pleasantly surprised to see that you, raunchydog, a true-blue liberal,
isn't dumping on Palin in a knee-jerk reaction like many liberals do.

If you've ever read the comments section (as well as some of the blogs!) on the
HuffingtonPost you'd see that they show her no mercy.

I say now what I said during the campaign: Palin had more more executive
experience than the other 3 men on the ticket combined (Biden, McCain, and
Obama).  And I believe she is snickered at not so much because she is a woman
but because she is a BEAUTIFUL woman.  And many people simply can't handle
that.  If she looked like Shirley Chisholm with the same platform, she would
NEVER have been dumped on like she has been.