off_world_beings wrote:

>Liberal = American.

Well about 20%-30% might be Liberal and 20-30% Conservative, everyone
else is in-between or apolitical, confused which could be called "the
rope" in the tug-a-war.   :)

And no one I know is 100% one way or the other.  I know people who
embrace liberal ideals but live very conservatively and are conservative
in their personality.  Conversely I know people who embrace conservative
ideals but live very liberally and are liberal in their personalities.
Then we have the libertarians who are supposed to be socially liberal
and economically conservative unless they are the Aynn Rand variety.
Libertarianism was embraced by a lot of technies who were apolitical
until they started making money.

I remeber seeing a book reviewed in Whole Earth magazine (they called it
something else) about  10 years ago which definited and graphed all the
different political persuasions and I believe written by a poli sci prof
from Stanford.  Maybe someone here knows the book.

BTW, I have friends who think themselves conservative but are easily
tripped up.  For instance they will go on about needing to privatize
something and ten minutes later be complaining about the phone company,
gasoline prices, or the cable company.  They can't connect the dots.

- Bhairitu