--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> And now for a prediction.  The article says she died of a heart
> attack.  Well, if you recall, that's the same thing that happened
> to Karen Carpenter, the singer, who died at age 33 back in the
> '80s. But her heart attack was from complications from anorexia...

More recent articles suggest she was taking
medication for some kind of flu, and vomiting
because of that.

All I can say is, having spent the weekend
kneeling at the porcelain throne myself as the
result of a similar flu, at its worst vomiting
sure *feels* as if it could provoke a heart
attack. Or at the very least you wish you'd
have one so that the upchucking would stop.

Makes me happy that I don't get sick very often,
if this is what it feels like.

It did keep me from venturing into town to try
to see "Avatar," though, although I found out
from friends who saw it that I wouldn't have
been happy with the results anyway. No theater
in Barcelona was showing it in its original
English-language version, and the only one that
was showing it in 3D had a version dubbed into
Catalan. Sigh. Guess I'll have to pirate a copy
and wait until I'm in a city that appreciates
the joys of VO (version originale) movies
and/or the latest tech to see it properly.