--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2009, at 11:00 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
> >
> > But if you're not into great myth, see the film just
> > for the visuals. If there are not scenes in this film
> > so beautiful that they bring tears to your eyes, you
> > really have lost your ability to experience wonder.
>
> I rarely would go to see a movie twice, but I will go see this one
> again and take someone with me.

I'll see it several times. Now that I've seen it
in English and know the dialog, I'll see it in
Spanish just to watch it on a big screen. Then,
when it finally comes to the IMAX theatre in
Barcelona, I'll see it again there to see it
in 3D. Probably multiple times.

> It really truly defines a new film genre. And I was pleasantly
> surprised to see the ray-traced aliens actually looked BETTER
> on film, than in the pictures I'd seen all over the web.

My feelings exactly. It's almost as if they released
low-res versions of things so that you'd be surprised
when you saw the real thing.

> Much of it is simply breathtaking--esp. if you ever liked
> the art of Roger Dean.

Breathtaking is the right word. The dragon sequences
were beyond amazing.