PaliGap wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:
>
>> The summer of 1967 my band opened for the Yardbirds at a concert in
>> Richmond, BC (just outside Vancouver).  Jeff Beck had just left the
>> Yardbirds and they had a new guitarist, Jimmy Page.  Of course the Jimmy
>> Page of today looks nothing like the skinny young kid I remember from
>> back them. :-D
>>

> What was your impression of him as a musician?

I didn't pay much attention to the rock players other than the musical
devices they came up with.  Many, like myself, had more extensive
backgrounds in music  (jazz and classical) but were just having some fun
with the music and hoping to have a hit to make a bunch of money.   Page
was shy and we chatted mostly with the lead singer.