--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > AAAAGGGGHHHH.  I try to be politically correct,
> > truly I do...  Country had been settled for
> > centuries (millennia?) by the <cough> Native
> > Americans before the first post-Columbian
> > Europeans showed up, of course, not to mention
> > God knows how many other visitors from afar
> > who put down roots for a while.
>
> The Celts were here long before Columbus, and some native American
> languages have much gaelic in them. The similarities are striking.
> Place names (and meanings), names of rivers (and meanings) etc.
> They must have been friendly and respectful to each other.

I've read that somewhere.  What happened to
them, any idea?

The only trouble is that for any given group
of people, there's *somebody* who is absolutely
positive they settled here at some point,
including Vedic Indians and Israelites (there
are claims that the Native Americans were the
Lost Tribes thereof), as well as various groups
of refugees from Atlantis.