In a recent post, "It's just a ride" posed the question:

> Why does anyone still bother to reply to RD?

A good question, one that he might have pondered deeply
enough to...uh...not reply.  :-)

I understand his frustration. There are a number of posters
who seem to post the Same Old Shit over and over and over
again on this forum, such that one cannot help but be struck
by an overwhelming of Déja Poo when encountering them.

As my New Year's gift to fellow FFLers, might I propose a
technique for dealing with this Déja Poo phenomenon?

When you encounter a Déja Poo post -- one that makes you
think, "Haven't I seen this shit before somewhere?" -- rather
than comment on its redundancy and repetitiveness and the
obvious lack of creativity of its author, why not just ignore
its silly ass and move on?

The primary rule of the Déja Poo technique is "Poo happens."
The secondary rule is "Poo replicates." By picking up the Poo
and playing with it, you help it to replicate.

So the next time you find yourself confronted with a big pile
of Déja Poo on Fairfield Life, ask yourself this question:

  [http://gorlackers.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/poo-pin2.jpg]

If you *want* to perpetuate the Poo, by all means pick it up
and play with it. *Encourage* the Poo *by* playing with it
and getting it all over yourself.

But if you'd like to *discourage* the Poo, just ignore its silly
ass. Add it to the Déja Poo Pile and save your responses for
some post that actually says something new.

Remember...shit may happen, but only perpetuates itself if
you pick it up and play with it. At any point you can practice
mindfulness and "catch yourself" in the process of replying
to Yet Another Pile Of Poo and just stop. Abandon the clever
retort or insult you had started to write and move on:

  [http://i.imgur.com/DOg2k.jpg]

The Déja Poo technique. Best thing since TM, and much cheaper.

Try it today...