--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost...@...> wrote:

[snip]

> How does it compare to The Wire?

[snip]

I really wanted to see the entire DVD series of "The Wire".

So I rented the first disc from Netflix and watched the very first episode.  It
was fantastic in every way...except one.  The cursing was wall-to-wall.  Just
like "Deadwood", but worse.

I don't know why, but hearing the "f" word and the "mf" word and the "s" word
every five seconds is draining.  NOt that I'm a prude and I certainly use my
fair share of cursing on this forum.  But to write a script with it so much
just ruins a movie for me.  Jerry Seinfeld says that he doesn't swear in his
act because curse words are a short cut for not writing good material.  I think
the same thing applies to a movie script.