--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason <jedi_sp...@...> wrote:

> Splitting Time from Space
> Zeeya Merali
>
> Was Newton right and Einstein wrong? It seems that unzipping
> the fabric of spacetime and harking back to 19th-century
> notions of time could lead to a theory of quantum gravity.

Very nice article. It's really difficult to explain highly
complicated stuff like this to a lay audience so that they
get the general idea without getting bogged down in so much
abstruse detail that they lose track. Merali has done an
excellent job. (At least, what s/he's written presents a
comprehensible picture; I'm not in a position to know
whether that picture is in accord with the real story!)