In a message dated 7/14/05 10:56:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> In a message dated 7/14/05 1:41:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Who's Clinton? Wasn't he president waaaay back in  the 20th century??
>
> Your foot bridge to the 21st century or some such  idea.

Naive as it may seem, I'm a big believer in both accountability and
everyone playing by the same rules. I don't know about you, but in my
world when I have been employed for 6 mos. to a year or more and it
comes time for my annual review from my boss, my review is strictly
based on my performance, regardless of the state of my position before
I assumed responsibility for it (and some have been a real train-
wreck...).

So it holds no water with me this notion of a President, or any other
elected official, and his supporters consistently pointing fingers at
their predecessor and explaining their failures in terms of what may
have happened in the past. After all, there is precious little of that
attribution when they succeed, is there?

So when Clinton was President I held him solely responsible for his
actions, and their consequences. Now that Bush is President, same
thing. Fair enough?

What was that all about?