> While this is good advice, and prudent, speaking
> as someone who has been having fun playing with
> the very *concept* of this happening -- true or
> false -- I think that it's already had value as
> a kind of "What if..." scenario.

Well thinking about the what-ifs does leave me doubled up with laughter.

For a start that spoof letter that went round a while back, not the "Queen
search" one, but the one about all the "rajas" starting a new program to
preserve a royal family and aristocracy, looking for volunteers, will actually
turn out to be prophetic. They'll all be wanting some of the action.

Then of course people can speculate about what might happen to a little girl
who's been brought up to think she's a princess of an important country, and
has her first taste of the real world, probably in the VIP lounge of some
airport. "You mean you don't know that I'm the Princess of the Global Country!!
(stamps feet) ", "Never heard of it mam, did you pack your bags yourself?"

The whole idea is just too wacky to be true.