The following youtube clip includes some excerpts of Barnety Frank telling
everyone why we shouldn't worry about Fanny Mae and Freddie Mack.

I don't mean this as a partisan jab at the Democrats; there is enough blame to
go around. Indeed, despite the warnings that Republicans gave about the crisis
they didn't go the extra yards that would have been necessary to alert everyone.

My point is that Barney Frank not only was overwhelmingly reelected to Congress
but he still holds that all-important Chairmanship of the banking committee.
Thus demonstrating we get what we deserve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63siCHvuGFg