In a message dated 7/16/05 4:54:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The thing is, though, that if reporters start
outing sources just to "get" people they don't
like, they kill the goose that laid the golden
egg.  It's not just professional standards, it's
professional *access*.

They aren't going to sacrifice that access
willingly long-term just for short-term gain.

Whether Judith Miller is in jail because she's
adhering to that principle, I don't know.  She
may have other things she doesn't dare spill.

I have to agree with you to a certain point. But killing this goose would be very desirable for some and would elevate her to hero status. That would give her incredible access to those that wanted that goose dead and she would go down in history as the one that brought down Karl Rove, the "brains" behind Bush. I guarantee you if Judith Miller could bring down the Bush administration or even just Karl Rove she wouldn't think twice about it and she could rest on those laurels for the rest of her life in need be. Other than that, Judith Miller is a nobody, just another news paper reporter.