material wealth does not ensure survival of civilization

sanatana dharma of vedic culture[and other world mistics] survived
muslim and british domination
the universal principles of sanatana dharma
have survived for thousands of years
and have been offered as a last chance for human race to redeem itself

in MMY case, his offer of TM was good but not good enough
it should have been offered for free for everyone without selfishness
Everything else that MMY offered after TM was flawed with selfishness
and the TM org turned over to selfish millionaires

Amma's offer of compassion and unselfishness is a much better example
and the only hope

I repeat, material wealth does not ensure survival of civilization,
the goal of each nation should not be
to get as wealthy as they can get away with,
but, to become as civil as possible
only civility can ensure survival of civilization

that's my 2cents,
anatol

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcg...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anatol_zinc" anatol_zinc@
wrote:

> [snip]
>

> > Grayson is on the right track;
> > what this country needs are real statesmen
> > what this country needs are mahatmas like:
> > Gandhi, MLKing, Peace Pilgrim
> > to speak truth from the heart
> > no matter what the consequences
> > and move people in the direction
> > of compassion away from selfishness
>

> [snip]
>

> The last thing this country needs is a Mahatma Gandhi.
>
> India has only recently gotten free of the horrible economic shackles
his policies have been strangling India with.  I refer to his silly
"made in India" policies, particularly those surrounding the textile
industry.

> In the past 10-15 years India consciously abandoned those principles
and opened themselves up to globalization and they have finally begun to
thrive in a big way.